Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question on Photo Challenge

Question on Photo Challenge

Dave

Greetings!
Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
conditions.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92001031TqRQnu
What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom part
of this picture?
Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
the top of the picture?

Here is the data on the shot.
1984x1488
Camera:
Olympus D550Z
Exposure:
10/5000 sec.
F number:
F7.0
ISO:
60
Focal Length:
65mm
(Digital Zoom: 1.0)
Flash:
Off
Macro:
Off
Maximum Lens Aperture:
3.60
Lens focal length:
10.50mm
Color space information:
sRGB

Any / all suggestions appreciated!

TIA!

-- Dave

Charles

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:51:40 -0700, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greetings!
>Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
>conditions.
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92001031TqRQnu
>What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom part
>of this picture?
>Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
>the top of the picture?
>
>Here is the data on the shot.
>1984x1488
>Camera:
> Olympus D550Z
>Exposure:
> 10/5000 sec.
>F number:
> F7.0
>ISO:
> 60
>Focal Length:
> 65mm
> (Digital Zoom: 1.0)
>Flash:
> Off
>Macro:
> Off
>Maximum Lens Aperture:
> 3.60
>Lens focal length:
> 10.50mm
>Color space information:
> sRGB
>

>Any / all suggestions appreciated!
>
>TIA!
>
>-- Dave

I'm probably the least qualified person here, but keep the reflections
centered, not offset. they look better that way.

--

- Charles
-

Mark M

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings!
> Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
> conditions.
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92001031TqRQnu
> What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom

part
> of this picture?
> Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
> the top of the picture?

Use a lens hood, or your hand...to block the direct sunlihgt from falling
against your lens at the angle it did.

(In other words...create a little shadow on your lens with something).

Jimmy G

A normal problem when shooting straight at the sun.

Shoot at more if an angle when possible.

Lense hood as previously suggested.

Possibly try a polarizing filter.

A high-quality multi-coated UV filter might help a bit as well.

Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings!
> Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
> conditions.
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92001031TqRQnu
> What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom

part
> of this picture?
> Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
> the top of the picture?
>
> Here is the data on the shot.
> 1984x1488
> Camera:
> Olympus D550Z
> Exposure:
> 10/5000 sec.
> F number:
> F7.0
> ISO:
> 60
> Focal Length:
> 65mm
> (Digital Zoom: 1.0)
> Flash:
> Off
> Macro:
> Off
> Maximum Lens Aperture:
> 3.60
> Lens focal length:
> 10.50mm
> Color space information:
> sRGB
>

> Any / all suggestions appreciated!
>
> TIA!
>
> -- Dave

Mark M. & Jimmy G.,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I will shade the camera and check the results.
I appreciate your suggestions about the UV and polarizing filters, though I
would also appreciate advice on how to attach them. My Olympus has optical
zoom and I can see no way to attach a filter. I will also check the Olympus
Web site.

TIA!

-- Dave