Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advice needed: Can see pictures in camera but can't find it using computer

Advice needed: Can see pictures in camera but can't find it using computer

PR

I have a Nikon 3700 using a 128 MB SD card. I am running into a wierd
problem. If I take pictures with the camera right now, I can view the
images on the camera no problem. However, when I connect the camera to
my computer and try to load the pictures, the pictures are not there.
No image files can be seen on the card from the computer. I used both
Nikon View and also just manually opening the folder in
explorer...same results..no images on the card but if you look at the
pics from the camera, all the images are there.
I even plugged the SD card into my PDA, and it still doesn't find the
images.

What should I do? What's going on??
thanks!!

Mr. Cellophane

Try putting the card into a usb card reader and reading it from there.

On 25 Sep 2004 19:09:45 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (PR) wrote:

>I have a Nikon 3700 using a 128 MB SD card. I am running into a wierd
>problem. If I take pictures with the camera right now, I can view the
>images on the camera no problem. However, when I connect the camera to
>my computer and try to load the pictures, the pictures are not there.
>No image files can be seen on the card from the computer. I used both
>Nikon View and also just manually opening the folder in
>explorer...same results..no images on the card but if you look at the
>pics from the camera, all the images are there.
>I even plugged the SD card into my PDA, and it still doesn't find the
>images.
>
>What should I do? What's going on??
>thanks!!

MoHo

Just a shot in the dark..............................but have you checked
your "My Pictures" folder?

"PR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Nikon 3700 using a 128 MB SD card. I am running into a wierd
> problem. If I take pictures with the camera right now, I can view the
> images on the camera no problem. However, when I connect the camera to
> my computer and try to load the pictures, the pictures are not there.
> No image files can be seen on the card from the computer. I used both
> Nikon View and also just manually opening the folder in
> explorer...same results..no images on the card but if you look at the
> pics from the camera, all the images are there.
> I even plugged the SD card into my PDA, and it still doesn't find the
> images.
>
> What should I do? What's going on??
> thanks!!

Jim Townsend

PR wrote:

> I have a Nikon 3700 using a 128 MB SD card. I am running into a wierd
> problem. If I take pictures with the camera right now, I can view the
> images on the camera no problem. However, when I connect the camera to
> my computer and try to load the pictures, the pictures are not there.

Did this just start, or has it been doing it since you got the camera.

What operating system are you using (ie Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows98 ?

PC or Mac ?

Is the cable OK ?

On the surface, it sounds like something isn't configured quite right.

Phil Stripling

(E-Mail Removed) (PR) writes:

> I have a Nikon 3700 using a 128 MB SD card. I am running into a wierd
> problem. If I take pictures with the camera right now, I can view the
> images on the camera no problem. However, when I connect the camera to
> my computer and try to load the pictures, the pictures are not there.

This has happened to me with two reasons. First a corrupted image fild on
the compact flash card (maybe similar to SD; maybe not). Second, the card
was formatted on the computer, then used on another brand of camera, then
put in my Nikon CoolPix. It read as full, appeared empty on the computer,
and the images showed up fine on the other camera. Check to see if it's
been formatted by computer or another camera. Get a file recovery program,
too -- if you haven't thought you needed one, you do now. :->