Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photography Website

Photography Website

Zoolander

I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics using
digital cameras.

Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?

Marvin Margoshes

"Zoolander" <no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cik53j$4fd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics using
> digital cameras.
>
> Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?

You must be new to the newsgroup. Otherwise, you would know that it is often
done.

Zoolander

Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
these things so thought i would ask.

here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/

"Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Zoolander" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cik53j$4fd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics using
> > digital cameras.
> >
> > Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?
> >

> You must be new to the newsgroup. Otherwise, you would know that it is

often
> done.

Gene Palmiter

Just a warning...if its a site for profit its questionable...but not too
bad. We like to look at photos...either good ones to learn from and
admire...or bad ones to help us feel superior. If its a site asking for us
to vote...we will often give it a very low rating out of spite.

"Zoolander" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cikegs$o4m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
> these things so thought i would ask.
>
> here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
> http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/
>
> "Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Zoolander" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cik53j$4fd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics

using
> > > digital cameras.
> > >
> > > Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?
> > >

> > You must be new to the newsgroup. Otherwise, you would know that it is

> often
> > done.

Mark B.

"Zoolander" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cikegs$o4m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
> these things so thought i would ask.
>
> here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
> http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/

That's a commercial site, and is frowned upon when asking for comments about
a photo. It looks more like you're trying to get traffic to a profit site.
If you want to get objective comments about a photo, post it on a photo
hosting site such as pbase or photoshare.

Mark

Dave

"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Zoolander" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cikegs$o4m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
> > these things so thought i would ask.
> >
> > here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
> > http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/
> >

> That's a commercial site, and is frowned upon when asking for comments

about
> a photo. It looks more like you're trying to get traffic to a profit

site.
> If you want to get objective comments about a photo, post it on a photo
> hosting site such as pbase or photoshare.
>
> Mark

Mark,
I read this thread and your comment, so am checking out pbase and
photoshare. Here is the challenge, I have found several "photoshare" sites.
Would you please provide the link to your reference?

Thanks!

-- Dave

Mark B.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...