Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RE: Wireless router for ADSL USB modem

RE: Wireless router for ADSL USB modem

=?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=

You would be better serevd buying an ADSL Modem / Router as a combo unit. Easier to setup and manage.

Many manufacturers build them and one should just check with their compatibility with your ISP. So check for the recommendations from your ISP first.

"Neo" wrote:

> I have an ADSL USB modem, i.e. I plugin the DSL modem to my computer using a USB cable to connect to the DSL. Is there a wireless router for such modems?
>
> Thanks a milliaon in advance.

Jack

Hi.
I would get an External Ethernet Modem ($60-$70) and an Inexpensive Wired
Router ($15-$25).

The Router part of the Modem/Router Combos is usually lacking in capacities
and configuration flexibility than any $20 stand alone Router.

May be this can Help too: http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

adsl router to adsl router czar Cisco 2 05-01-2007 05:42 AM
Cisco 3640 NM-4E Westell ADSL Modem & Ambit Cable Modem/Router Half 1/2 Speed Chris Cisco 0 06-04-2006 07:38 PM
adsl modem/router with usb AFK Computer Support 4 07-02-2005 05:11 PM
adsl pci modem, and adsl ethernet modem jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 8 01-18-2005 03:36 PM

Advertisments