Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > If you have nothing better to do then go Digital

If you have nothing better to do then go Digital

=?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
over and over if they had been from film?
Not likely.

The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

Gene Palmiter

Um....this should have been marked OT. Actually....Whether or not creativity
is put into the artwork is a factor of the creator...not the equipment.
Digital has more potential to allow an artist to achieve his previsualized
concept than film ever had.

"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
> over and over if they had been from film?
> Not likely.
>
> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

Eddy Vortex

I really get a charge out of people who ask questions, then provide their
version of the answer, then carry on with their premise.
Anyway...we all think that you're right and we're all going back to film.
Thanks for straightening us out on that one!!

"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
> over and over if they had been from film?
> Not likely.
>
> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

Charlie Self

Eddy Vortex responds:

>I really get a charge out of people who ask questions, then provide their
>version of the answer, then carry on with their premise.
>Anyway...we all think that you're right and we're all going back to film.
>Thanks for straightening us out on that one!!
>

>"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
>> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
>> over and over if they had been from film?
>> Not likely.
>>
>> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
>> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

Ain't it a marvel what it takes to bring the light to an unlit life.

By the way, I've got some film cameras for sale.
Charlie Self
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

Tony

Why do you keep popping out of my killfile? I wouldn't like to call you a
troll - so I'll call you an idiot instead, but please stay in the killfile,
as I like to maintain at very least the appearance I'm reading an
intelligent forum filled with rational humans. It disturbs my dream to find
posts from something that lives under a bridge and eats raw sewage.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
> over and over if they had been from film?
> Not likely.
>
> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

Lee K

"> posts from something that lives under a bridge and eats raw sewage.

Now THERE'S an image I wouldn't want to view over and over.........

Mark B.

"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
> over and over if they had been from film?
> Not likely.
>
> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

So what are you waiting for - go to the film newsgroups already.

bob

mark_digital© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:W7idnSv815zACtfcRVn-

> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.

Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can reverse the
ratio.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

=?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95685DD86D0A6bobatcarolnet@207.69.189.194. ..
mark_digital© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:W7idnSv815zACtfcRVn-
(E-Mail Removed):

> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.

Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can reverse the
ratio.

Bob

-----------------
Excellent advice, Bob
You won't get slammed for your thinking because between the two
of us I'm the greater evil

mark_

bob

mark_digital© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can
> reverse the ratio.
>
> Bob
>
> -----------------
> Excellent advice, Bob
> You won't get slammed for your thinking because between the two
> of us I'm the greater evil

Thanks, I guess

I went on a trip a couple years ago and I took a digital camera (canon
s100, when it was new) and a 4x5 camera. Really two extreems. I took 3
pictures with the 4x5 camera, and 200 with the elph.

I made a print from the 4x5, which I like very much. It hangs on the wall
in my office. I still haven't finished sorting through the pictures from
the elph and processing the panoramas.

I like the convenince of digital though.

Bob

PS. Whenver you start a line with two hypens "--", good news reader
software will interpret it as the end of your post and the start of your
signature.

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply