Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Canon EOS 2D (22 Megapixel Camera)

New Canon EOS 2D (22 Megapixel Camera)

Hendrik Brixius

http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
" Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et des
Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "

At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

--
Schoene Gruesse,

Hendrik http://www.aachenfotos.de/

Hendrik Brixius

Hendrik Brixius schrieb:

> http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
> " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et des
> Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "

German Infos:
http://www.uni-mainz.de/~sprec000/Digicam7.html
http://www.digitalkamera.de/

--
Schoene Gruesse,

Hendrik http://www.aachenfotos.de/

Bart van der Wolf

"Hendrik Brixius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
> " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et

des
> Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "
>
> At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
> mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

Ultra-flat Ixus

Bart

Alan Browne

Hendrik Brixius wrote:

> http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
> " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et des
> Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "
>
> At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
> mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

"plat" means "flat" or "thin" in this context.

So: "ultra thin". Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

(And that would be "On the 27th...")

Jerry

Is there any place that speaks English??

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%4n2d.4617$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hendrik Brixius wrote:
>
> > http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
> > " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et des
> > Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "
> >
> > At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
> > mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

> "plat" means "flat" or "thin" in this context.
>
> So: "ultra thin". Gotta watch thos xlator programs.
>
> (And that would be "On the 27th...")
>

> --
> -- rec.photo.equipment.35mm user resource:
> -- http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
> -- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Bill Hilton

>Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun"

Gisle Hannemyr

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)dy (Bill Hilton) writes:
>> Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

> My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun"

Those are the ones that can't spell (a big gun is a "cannon").

A canon, if not a manufacturerer of fine cameras, is either a janitor
at a cathedral, a body of writings, or a weird way of singing.

Hils

Gisle Hannemyr wrote

>A canon, if not a manufacturerer of fine cameras, is either a janitor
>at a cathedral, a body of writings, or a weird way of singing.

It's not weird, and not restricted to singing, though canons are
probably better-known to schoolkids in the UK as "rounds", with Frere
Jacque and London's Burning perhaps top of the canon hit parade. The
canon was something of a vogue with Europe's composers in the 15th and
16th centuries, who developed it to a high degree of sophistication
before moving on to other forms.

Perhaps the best-known canon of this type is Tallis' motet Spem in
Alium, in which the composer uses canon form to construct a piece with
40 independent parts. It's such a singular piece of music that it's
impossible not to wonder the extent to which Tallis was consciously
showing off, or perhaps testing himself by pushing his already
considerable technical composition skills to the limit. In any event the
end result is astonishingly beautiful, like an ocean of voices.

Recommended listening for all lovers of great art!

--
Hil

Beemer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, bhilton665
@aol.comedy says...
> >Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

> My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun"

Or hydraulic ram as "water buffalo"

Beemer