Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Free Screen Savers!! (Mainly Japan Photos)

Free Screen Savers!! (Mainly Japan Photos)

Martin Bailey

Hi,
I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos, most
taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update from my
site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

Currently there's a generic screen saver with a few photos from all
categories. There are also "Sunrises and Sunsets", "Flowers of Japan",
"Landscapes of Japan", "Japanese Red-Crowned Cranes" and "Portraits"
screen savers.

Find them all here:
http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com/screensavers.php

Thanks,
Martin.

E. Le Phant

"Martin Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos, most
> taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update from my
> site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays, especially
screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their heads seen to by a
competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact that screensavers have been
known to have more bugs than anything. Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that
your photographs are quite perfect, and that your intentions are entirely
honourable, but your screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

Martin Bailey

E. Le Phant wrote:

> "Martin Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
> > most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
> > from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

> I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
> especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
> heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
> that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
> Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
> perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
> screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
available instead or additionally.

--

Cheers,
Martin.

http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com or http://www.lens-work.com

John McWilliams

Martin Bailey wrote:

> E. Le Phant wrote:
>

>>"Martin Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
>>>most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
>>>from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

>>I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
>>especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
>>heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
>>that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
>>Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
>>perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
>>screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

> This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
> people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
> available instead or additionally.

I'd download individual pix, but not a whole raft of 'em, as I generally
use my own. I'd drop a few in the folder I use, and they're
automatically incorporated. But, I'm a minority, being on a Mac.

--
John McWilliams

Terry

Martin Bailey wrote:

>E. Le Phant wrote:
>

>> "Martin Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> > I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
>> > most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
>> > from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

>> I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
>> especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
>> heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
>> that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
>> Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
>> perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
>> screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

>This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
>people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
>available instead or additionally.

No, I don't think so. I certainly wouldn't. SCR files are also subject
to bugs and viruses.

Besides, why make me download *all* the pictures? I'm not likely to
want to do that, and I'm sure not going to do that until I have looked
at some and decided I am interested.

And, you limit yourself to people running windows. What about Mac and
Linux users?

I suggest you post jpgs. Much more convenient for the viewer.

Terry