Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to add a second ethernet interface

how to add a second ethernet interface

Koen

Hi all - I have troubles adding a second wic-1-enet ethernet
interface to my 1760. The idea is to put this interface "before"
the firewall, so that I have a "transparent" route to the outside
world, and vice-versa.
The ethernet0 interface is behind the firewall, and works great.
Any clues ?
Thanks, Koen

Arnold Nipper

On 20.08.2005 21:04 Koen wrote

> Hi all - I have troubles adding a second wic-1-enet ethernet
> interface to my 1760. The idea is to put this interface "before"
> the firewall, so that I have a "transparent" route to the outside
> world, and vice-versa.
> The ethernet0 interface is behind the firewall, and works great.
> Any clues ?

So what is the firewall for? You have a perfect bypass!

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper, AN45