Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Plastic tripod mounts on cameras

Plastic tripod mounts on cameras

What's In A Name?

Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
camera, it makes no sense at all.

Dave Herzstein

What's In A Name? wrote:

> Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
> understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
> camera, it makes no sense at all.

Give us a hint as to the make/model of camera?

-Dave

Richard Cockburn

"What's In A Name?" <What'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I can't
> understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
> camera, it makes no sense at all.

Because they want you to buy the $1000 dollar camera.

--
"We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

-Richard Cockburn

Olin K. McDaniel

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:03:34 -0400, "What's In A Name?"
<What'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
>understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
>camera, it makes no sense at all.

Look at Al Jacobs web site, he helped me with such a problem on my
Nikon CP-950 a couple of years ago and he published the results on his
site. The last time I looked, it was:

http://www.aljacobs.com/

Olin McDaniel

To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

What's In A Name?

I checked out his site but I don't see any information regarding this, but I
emailed him.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...