Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printer Help?

Printer Help?

Dave

Greetings!
This request is off-topic, but because this NG has been so good in providing
information to my ON-topic questions, I will ask here.
I am looking for information about behavior of specific printers, not
necessarily photo related. I have already posted to:
alt.comp.periphs.printers, comp.periphs.printer, and comp.periphs.printers,
and have received no response after more than 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a printer NG that will be more
responsive to my questions?

TIA!

-- Dave

Mark B.

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings!
> This request is off-topic, but because this NG has been so good in
> providing
> information to my ON-topic questions, I will ask here.
> I am looking for information about behavior of specific printers, not
> necessarily photo related. I have already posted to:
> alt.comp.periphs.printers, comp.periphs.printer, and
> comp.periphs.printers,
> and have received no response after more than 2 weeks.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on a printer NG that will be more
> responsive to my questions?
>
> TIA!
>
> -- Dave

Try the 'Printers & printing' forum at www.dpreview.com.

Mark

Jim

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings!
> This request is off-topic, but because this NG has been so good in

providing
> information to my ON-topic questions, I will ask here.
> I am looking for information about behavior of specific printers, not
> necessarily photo related. I have already posted to:
> alt.comp.periphs.printers, comp.periphs.printer, and

comp.periphs.printers,
> and have received no response after more than 2 weeks.

This is not surprising given the vagueness of your post.
Jim

Dave

Jim,
Well, I was not intending to be vague. I did not post my original questions
here, as they are off-topic. My question here is simply, "Where is a solid
NG for printers?"

Thanks!

-- Dave

news:0EL1d.19969$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Greetings!
> > This request is off-topic, but because this NG has been so good in

> providing
> > information to my ON-topic questions, I will ask here.
> > I am looking for information about behavior of specific printers, not
> > necessarily photo related. I have already posted to:
> > alt.comp.periphs.printers, comp.periphs.printer, and

> comp.periphs.printers,
> > and have received no response after more than 2 weeks.

> This is not surprising given the vagueness of your post.
> Jim

Hunt

>Greetings!
>This request is off-topic, but because this NG has been so good in providing
>information to my ON-topic questions, I will ask here.
>I am looking for information about behavior of specific printers, not
>necessarily photo related. I have already posted to:
>alt.comp.periphs.printers, comp.periphs.printer, and comp.periphs.printers,
>and have received no response after more than 2 weeks.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on a printer NG that will be more
>responsive to my questions?
>
>TIA!
>
>-- Dave

Dave,

Besides the forum suggestion on DPreview, you might also want to try the
Photoshop groups. Most of the folk there end up printing at some point and
there are a few subscribers who have a wealth of knowledge. Now, most will
probably address the photo-printing aspects and you might wish to use OT in
your subject line header. Also be aware that you will probably get a few RTFM
with their replies.

Hunt

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

Dave wrote:

> Jim,
> Well, I was not intending to be vague. I did not post my original questions
> here, as they are off-topic. My question here is simply, "Where is a solid
> NG for printers?"

The ones you tried are the only printer newsgroups I've seen, and I have seen
many unanswered questions in them.

You may be better off asking your questions here.

Please post your replies below the text you are quoting as it makes it easier to
read your reply and what you are replying to.
--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.