Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

Mike

I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?

Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
that?

Thanks,

Mike
\

Steven Blackwood

Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
(640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume an
empty card.

Steve
> I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
> How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?
>
> Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
> that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> \

Mike

This is good news. Have you used the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1?
Which accesories should I buy?

Mike

"Steven Blackwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r761d.355343$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
> (640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
> STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume an
> empty card.
>
> Steve
>> I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
>> How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?
>>
>> Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
>> that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike
>> \

Mike

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 iis a 5.1 megapixel camera.
How large an image can I print with good resolution?

Mike

"Steven Blackwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r761d.355343$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
> (640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
> STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume an
> empty card.
>
> Steve
>> I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
>> How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?
>>
>> Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
>> that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike
>> \

Steven Blackwood

I actually have no accessories. I bought it has a p&s backup for my Canon
Drebel.
Steve
> This is good news. Have you used the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1?
> Which accesories should I buy?
>
> Mike
>
> "Steven Blackwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:r761d.355343$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
>> (640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
>> STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume
>> an empty card.
>>
>> Steve
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
>>> How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?
>>>
>>> Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
>>> that?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> \

Steven Blackwood

A difficult question to answer. Because the sensor is so small, the images
are quite noisy at ISO 200 or 400. They are better at 100 but not as clean
as a DSLR or even the Sony 717 which has the same resolution but a larger
sensor.
Thus, the larger the print, the more interpolation of noisy pixels. I would
say that 8 x10 would be around the largest that you should expect to look
really good. BUT, when think about it, that;s pretty good.
Steve
> The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 iis a 5.1 megapixel camera.
> How large an image can I print with good resolution?
>
> Mike
>
> "Steven Blackwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:r761d.355343$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
>> (640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
>> STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume
>> an empty card.
>>
>> Steve
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
>>> How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?
>>>
>>> Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
>>> that?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> \