Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Coolpix 8700 vs Lexar Write Accelerate

Nikon Coolpix 8700 vs Lexar Write Accelerate

Frank ess

Trying to track down the reference that told me the Coolpix 8700 could
benefit from Lexar WA technology, and couldn't find anything beyond an
"approved" Lexar 24X WA listed in the 'User's Guide'.

A query to Mr Nikon's Tech Support yielded a quick response:

I was dreaming.

The CP8700 does NOT take advantage of Lexar WA technology.

I apologize.

No excuse, Sir.

--
Frank ess

Richard Tomkins

So the question remains, will there be any noticeable benefit in the
purchase of a FAST type of Compact Flash card with the NIKON 5700?

I hope you saw my earlier post, where I actually sat down and timed the
three cards that I have and found interesting if mixed results, that draw
this question.

"Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to track down the reference that told me the Coolpix 8700 could
> benefit from Lexar WA technology, and couldn't find anything beyond an
> "approved" Lexar 24X WA listed in the 'User's Guide'.
>
> A query to Mr Nikon's Tech Support yielded a quick response:
>
> I was dreaming.
>
> The CP8700 does NOT take advantage of Lexar WA technology.
>
> I apologize.
>
> No excuse, Sir.
>

> --
> Frank ess

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:05:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Frank ess"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Trying to track down the reference that told me the Coolpix 8700 could
>benefit from Lexar WA technology, and couldn't find anything beyond an
>"approved" Lexar 24X WA listed in the 'User's Guide'.
>
>A query to Mr Nikon's Tech Support yielded a quick response:
>
>I was dreaming.
>
>The CP8700 does NOT take advantage of Lexar WA technology.
>
>I apologize.

No harm no foul Frank. A quick Google search found:
http://www.memorysuppliers.com/leme4gb40xpr.html

Maybe this or a similar page is what you remember seeing.

Unfortunately, not doing the weekend at RIR. Only got to the IROC/Craftsman
Truck race last night. Even setting the 5700 at ISO400 shows it's
limitations, especially with the TC-15 attached.
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com