Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ashi Pentax Super Takumar lenses / digital camera?

Ashi Pentax Super Takumar lenses / digital camera?

DD

I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
will accept these lenses?

DD

Charlie Self

DD asks:

>I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
>days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
>of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
>digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
>will accept these lenses?

Check their web site to be sure, but I think the Pentax *istD will take the
lenses. How well they'll work is another question.

Charlie Self
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

Mark Roberts

DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
>days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
>of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
>digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
>will accept these lenses?

The Pentax ist-D will accept these lenses with the M42-to-K mount
adapter. A few Pentax users have tried this and report the lenses work
well. There are also M42 adapters available for Canon DSLR's and
probably others as well, I believe. You'll be limited to stop-down
metering with any of these solutions.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Darrell Larose

The Pentax *ist D will via the Pentax Mount Adapter K image:
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/adapters/screw.jpg
Current catalogue item, MSRP CAD $29.99 (street price about ysd $15) The
lenses will function in manual stop-down mode, or pretty much like they did
when they were new.

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
> days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
> of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
> digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
> will accept these lenses?
>
> DD

DD

Thanks, I'll have a look - see.

DD

Darrell Larose wrote:
> The Pentax *ist D will via the Pentax Mount Adapter K image:
> http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/adapters/screw.jpg
> Current catalogue item, MSRP CAD $29.99 (street price about ysd $15) The
> lenses will function in manual stop-down mode, or pretty much like they did
> when they were new.
>

> "DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
>>days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
>>of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
>>digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
>>will accept these lenses?
>>
>>DD

Older Pentax Lenses on Pentax Digtal Bodies Anonyma Digital Photography 2 07-13-2006 07:10 AM
Pentax Digital ist and manual Pentax lenses Denny B Digital Photography 22 12-15-2005 04:57 AM
super.super.super how? Java 24 02-24-2005 10:51 PM
Pentax *ist DS Compatibility with Older Pentax Lenses Larry R Harrison Jr Digital Photography 11 12-09-2004 08:24 PM
Using Pentax Super Takumar M42 mount 50mm/1.4 on a Canon 300D Siddhartha Jain Digital Photography 3 12-07-2004 05:51 PM

Advertisments