Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I Gb compact flash vs 512Mb (or even 256) compact flash

I Gb compact flash vs 512Mb (or even 256) compact flash

Paul J Gans

Ken Tough <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Ken Tough <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Really? I can think of a lot of places where CD burning is a bit
>>>of a mission. As you get outside Namerica (esp in rural areas),
>>>the capabilities will drop drastically, and prices could be steep.

>>My wife is going to the Antarctic this December. Anyone
>>know of a place where she can burn a CD?

>Fantastic! Wow, lucky. I'd say she ought to bring a laptop
>along and burn it herself.

No. She's travelling light.

She's got a Nikon 3100 so I figure a couple of 256 Mb cards
should take care of it. She'll probably run out of batteries
first...

>>With all those penguins you'd think that some of them would
>>be running Linux...

>In the land of the midnight Sun? I doubt it!

I'll ask her to check and see...

---- Paul J. Gans

Paul J Gans

Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:03:55 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>My wife is going to the Antarctic this December. Anyone
>>know of a place where she can burn a CD?
>>
>>With all those penguins you'd think that some of them would
>>be running Linux...
>>
>> ----- Paul J. Gans

>If she will be taking a laptop, an external burner will do the job
>nicely.

Nope. She's travelling light.

---- Paul J. Gans

Ken Tough

Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ken Tough <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Fantastic! Wow, lucky. I'd say she ought to bring a laptop
>>along and burn it herself.

>No. She's travelling light.

Oh well, if she's onboard a ship, I'm 100% sure some other
passenger or crew will have a laptop with a CD writer. Make
sure she takes her download cable!

>>>With all those penguins you'd think that some of them would
>>>be running Linux...

>>In the land of the midnight Sun? I doubt it!

>I'll ask her to check and see...

'sun' -- 'Sun' -- solaris -- Linux? Never mind...

--
Ken Tough

Ron Hunter

Paul J Gans wrote:
> Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:03:55 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>My wife is going to the Antarctic this December. Anyone
>>>know of a place where she can burn a CD?
>>>
>>>With all those penguins you'd think that some of them would
>>>be running Linux...
>>>
>>> ----- Paul J. Gans

>>If she will be taking a laptop, an external burner will do the job
>>nicely.

> Nope. She's travelling light.
>
> ---- Paul J. Gans

Since most of the people in the Antartic are of a scientific type, I
can't imagine that she would have a problem getting someone to burn a CD
or two for her.