Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Recommedations for Digital Camera $300.00 - $400.00 Street Price

Recommedations for Digital Camera $300.00 - $400.00 Street Price

Mike

I want to buy a digital camera that'll be used primarily for baby pictures,
family snap shots, etc.
Which accessories should I buy? I did a search on the PC Magazine web
site, but it was that helpful.
Desired qualities:

ease of use
sharp lens
light weight

Thanks,

Mike

Sabine

I would say anything 4MP minimum 3x optical Zoom.

Have a look at some of the older Canon Ixus on ebay. They look cool, take
decent pics and are mall enough to carry around. Dont go for anything you
dont recognize the name of. But 4MP were the rage a couple of years back and
just because 8MP have hit the market now, doesnt mean you need it. But what
it does mean is, that you can pick up a decent camera which prints up to A5
in reasonable quality now for dead cheap.

Honestly, your best bet is ebay or a local camera shop which sells used
digital cameras from the geeks which want what is in rage now. My friend
has got an Ixus and it takes great pictures. If you can get your hands on
it, then Sony F717 is very good and even allows you to develop as a
photographer. If a point-and-shoot is what you want, have a look for the
old IXUS models.

Good luck with the baby and I wish you a baby as harmonious and pleasant as
mine

Cheers
Sabine
> I want to buy a digital camera that'll be used primarily for baby

pictures,
> family snap shots, etc.
> Which accessories should I buy? I did a search on the PC Magazine web
> site, but it was that helpful.
> Desired qualities:
>
> ease of use
> sharp lens
> light weight
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Mike

Thanks for the helpful reply and I hope my son's baby
is as harmonious and pleasant as yours.

Mike

newslv%c.170915$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...