Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Elements upgrade??

Elements upgrade??

Ron G

I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that
Amazon is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some
new fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old version
(the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
purchase a new full version??????

user too

"Ron G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that Amazon
> is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
> Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some new
> fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old version
> (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
> worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
> purchase a new full version??????

I think you are right. I never saw an upgrade. I used 1.0 for only a couple
months but I remember when I switched 2.0 it was a little more bloated and
takes a bit longer to load. Still not as long as Photoshop CS!

Joseph Meehan

Ron G wrote:
> I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that
> Amazon is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
> Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some
> new fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old version
> (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
> worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
> purchase a new full version??????

They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Larry

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
>changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
>which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
>they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
>the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
price, IMO.

-- Larry

Robert Polk

If you want to really improve Elements 2 go to http:/www.hiddenelements.com
You can add curves and all sorts of other tools to make it more like PS
"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xqk%c.319290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ron G wrote:
> > I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that
> > Amazon is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
> > Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some
> > new fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old

version
> > (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
> > worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
> > purchase a new full version??????

> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
> changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't

recall
> which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
> they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I

recall
> the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Ron Hunter

Larry wrote:

> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
>>changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
>>which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
>>they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
>>the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

> Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
> price, IMO.
>
> -- Larry

There is some indication that a version 3 may be coming soon.

Dave

Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Larry wrote:
>
> > "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
> >>changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
> >>which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
> >>they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
> >>the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

> > Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
> > price, IMO.
> >
> > -- Larry
> >

> There is some indication that a version 3 may be coming soon.

Really? That would be great. If you have it, more info would be
appreciated.

I found the new back/fill light tool to be very useful and certainly
worth the price of the upgrade.

Dave