Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Conversion to 35mm

Conversion to 35mm

Ron G

I may need to project some images from my 2.2 and 3.2 megapix cameras.
It's possible that I can hook up to a digital projector from my laptop,
but if 35mm slides are required is there any conceivable way I can
convert and get something viewable? I assume it's a real stretch but
wanted to check. Thanks.

Gene Palmiter

I just did it for a grant proposal and it went just fine. Make the photos as
nice as you can with Photoshop....and set the resolution as
required....should say on the website for the service you choose. You might
wish for a better camera...but don't we all? I got great results with a 4mp.

"Ron G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I may need to project some images from my 2.2 and 3.2 megapix cameras.
> It's possible that I can hook up to a digital projector from my laptop,
> but if 35mm slides are required is there any conceivable way I can
> convert and get something viewable? I assume it's a real stretch but
> wanted to check. Thanks.

Arthur Small

You can scan the slides and have digital images saved to your HD. I just
finished scanning just under 3000 old kodachromes and other color slides and
am now working them on my computer.

Bob Williams

Ron G wrote:
> I may need to project some images from my 2.2 and 3.2 megapix cameras.
> It's possible that I can hook up to a digital projector from my laptop,
> but if 35mm slides are required is there any conceivable way I can
> convert and get something viewable? I assume it's a real stretch but
> wanted to check. Thanks.

I assume you are talking about making 35 mm slides from your digital images.
Yes! There are some services that will do this. Most shops charge you
an arm and a leg to do it but I saw a site on the internet that would do
the conversion for about $1.75 each. Of course it won't look as good as
an original 35 mm shot but it may be "good enough".
I did not copy the URL so you will have to Google on " Slides from
digital images"
Alternatively, you could have high quality 4 x 6 prints made (300
pixels/inch) and photograph them with your 35 mm camera.
Bob Williams

Martin Francis

"Ron G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I may need to project some images from my 2.2 and 3.2 megapix cameras.
> It's possible that I can hook up to a digital projector from my laptop,
> but if 35mm slides are required is there any conceivable way I can
> convert and get something viewable? I assume it's a real stretch but
> wanted to check. Thanks.

You should be able to print out your work and get someone to take a slide of
your print. Hell, you could do it yourself if you have access to a film
camera and copy stand.

no, and yes...."

Crownfield

Ron G wrote:

> I may need to project some images from my 2.2 and 3.2 megapix cameras.
> It's possible that I can hook up to a digital projector from my laptop,
> but if 35mm slides are required is there any conceivable way I can
> convert and get something viewable? I assume it's a real stretch but
> wanted to check. Thanks.

can you do a powerpoint presentation and use digital images?