Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Help with Cisco PIX and ISA server configuration problem

Help with Cisco PIX and ISA server configuration problem

Dejan

Hi,

I have tried to ask this on ISA server newsgroups but I didn't get a
response that would satisfy me.

I have a network with Cisco PIX and Microsoft ISA server in a so called
back-to-back configuration. That is:

LAN->ISA server->DMZ->PIX->Cisco router->internet

I have three subnets:
1. LAN and internal interface of ISA server
2. DMZ with web/mail servers, the external interface of ISA Server and
internal interface of PIX firewall
3. The external interface of PIX firewall and internal interface of
Cisco router

Since the connection to the internet is only 256kbps, I am planning to
install ADSL to serve my outbound Internet connection for my LAN users
(through the internal ISA server of course) and I was thinking to do it
by installing the third interface on the ISA server that would be
connected to ADSL router.

The problem is that I am currently using the ISA server as my VPN
server. By installing the third interface on the ISA and setting ADSL
router as the default gateway my VPN traffic will be lost because it
won't return to the PIX (ISA server can have only one default gateway
and that is ADSL router).

So I think about enabling bi-directional NAT on the PIX so that all the
VPN traffic that comes to ISA server can be returned to the PIX by
using the static route(VPN traffic will be nated and have the PIX
internal address as the source address).

Is it possible?? Is it a good way? I know it can be solved by some
software or separate router but I can't afford anything more than third
network interface on the ISA server.

I was also thinking about terminating VPN on the PIX (the current PIX
software supports it) and doing the AD authentication by radius server
installed on ISA server. Is it any better and possible?

thanks very much, I would really appreciate any help.

regards

dejan gambin

shen@axentra.net

I think enable VPN on the PIX is better,to do this can resolve your
problem