Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Firmware Upgrades for Delkin eFilm Picturepad and Nixvue Vista

Firmware Upgrades for Delkin eFilm Picturepad and Nixvue Vista

john chapman

Need firmware upgrade for Nixvue Vista to display Nikon D70 NEF files.
Current Nixvue firmware upgrades still do not support this.

Does anyone know whether I can safely use the Delkin firmware upgrade
in the Nixvue that does support this?

Robert Ardinger

I had the same question and for the heck of it I tried the update from
Delkin on my Vista. I was hopeful as the update history for the two
devices is the same but the update was not recognized by the Vista and
would not even start to load (a good thing if it eventually was going
to have a problem). I emailed Nixvue a few days ago about a Vista
version of the firmware update but have not received a reply (sorta
don't expect to as I emailed them a few months ago and did not hear
back).

Robert

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (john chapman) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Need firmware upgrade for Nixvue Vista to display Nikon D70 NEF files.
> Current Nixvue firmware upgrades still do not support this.
>
> Does anyone know whether I can safely use the Delkin firmware upgrade
> in the Nixvue that does support this?

Robert Ardinger

An Update, I noticed my Vista was at firmware 200.3 and actually had a
Nixvue update I could try. I tried it with the same method I tried
the Delkin update
(copying the update folder to the device's hard drive via USB and it
also would not see the update. I then tried it the way I had done it
before, using the CF card (i.e. copy folder with update to CF card and
put card into device) and it worked. SO, it might be possible for the
Delkin Update to load (I really think it would) but it might take
copying the firmware update folder to teh CF card and updating it that
way. I think I will wait till I have a bit more time to correct any
errors bofore I try this method.

Robert

(E-Mail Removed) (john chapman) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Need firmware upgrade for Nixvue Vista to display Nikon D70 NEF files.
> Current Nixvue firmware upgrades still do not support this.
>
> Does anyone know whether I can safely use the Delkin firmware upgrade
> in the Nixvue that does support this?

Robert Ardinger

A third update. I just received a nice and very timely response to my
email to Nixvue and with it was a near 7 MB attachment with the
Firmware upgrade for the Vista that will read Nikon D70 RAW files. I
have yet to install it but wanted to let you know that Nixvue does
have the proper update and hopefully will update the web site but it
appears they will also send it to folks that ask.

Robert

Robert Ardinger

Last update, promise. I installed the new firmware I recieved from
Nixvue (version 4.07) and it installed just fine (from the CF card)
AND does indeed allow one to view the D70 RAW NEF files. I can now
view files from the D100 and D70.

Robert

john chapman

The delkin firmware upgrade will work with the Nixvue Vista. I pulled
it from the Nixvue siet. I have done it. It may not work with the
other Nixvue image tank model.