Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Couple of quick question about CompactFlash

Couple of quick question about CompactFlash

Alex

Hi all,

I've got a Canon 10D and a couple of CompactFlash cards (one of them being a
2.2Gb unbranded microdrive - which I bought at a ridiculously low price!).

What's the fastest read/write speed of the Canon 10D? I'm assuming that
buying cards that are faster than the maximum speed supported by the camera
will change nothing performance-wise, other than emptying my wallet at a
faster rate?

Also, could you please suggest a CF->PCMCIA adapter that will take both type
I and II cards - the only ones I could find so far are Type I converters
(which won't work with my microdrive).

Cheers!
Alex

Big Bill

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:19:04 +0100, "Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've got a Canon 10D and a couple of CompactFlash cards (one of them being a
>2.2Gb unbranded microdrive - which I bought at a ridiculously low price!).
>
>What's the fastest read/write speed of the Canon 10D? I'm assuming that
>buying cards that are faster than the maximum speed supported by the camera
>will change nothing performance-wise, other than emptying my wallet at a
>faster rate?
>
>Also, could you please suggest a CF->PCMCIA adapter that will take both type
>I and II cards - the only ones I could find so far are Type I converters
>(which won't work with my microdrive).
>
>Cheers!
>Alex

A Google search on "cf pcmcia adapter" (without quotes) will bring up
a lot of hits.

I did notice that some wewre indeed limited to Type I.
When I went to Fry's Electronics for mine, they were all Type I & II.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"