Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon IXUS 430 error/Canon UK support

Canon IXUS 430 error/Canon UK support

James

Newbie - apologies, I haven't read the FAQ but I have checked the
Google archive for similar threads.

I think a problem similar to the one concerning the Ixus II and
reading memory cards now seems to be occurring with the Ixus 430.
After four days of perfectly normal functioning, my new Ixus 430
refused to recognise the bundled memory card (it still worked in the
printer's card reader), and refused to recognise a new, non-Canon
card. Anyone else have similar problems?

More problematic - an hour and a half on the phone to Canon support
produced only a lot of jingles and three conversations with very
harassed young ladies whose English was less than perfect, and whose
technical knowledge was negligible. Getting through to a technician is
impossible, I've given up and gone back to the vendor who seems
prepared to replace the unit if shown proof of purchase. Nice camera,
but lousy, lousy customer service. I have now written to Canon head
office. Similar experiences?

Cheers,

James.