Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New DiMAGE Z3 (Konica-Minolta) USB not working!

New DiMAGE Z3 (Konica-Minolta) USB not working!

Atreju

Hey all,

So I got my new Z3. Took a few nice pix and a movie tonight at my
in-laws grandmother birthday party.

Only problem is now when connecting to my computer, I get hardware
detect, then the drive shows up for about a second (sometimes) and the
camera issues on-screen a "system-error" and shuts itself off!

Brand new camera! And I cannot find this model in KM's support page.

System Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading 3.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
Windows XP Professional
Tyan S5101 motherboard with USB 2.0/1.0 compatibility

Any thoughts?

PS - I have other USB devices that work just fine, including a Lexar
Media JumpDrive, and my old Fujifilm Finepix, which I have uninstalled
since I thought maybe the driver was causing the problem, but it turns
out not.

---Atreju---

Atreju

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:26:17 GMT, Atreju <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hey all,

SNIP

UPDATE: After connecting and disconnecting about a dozen times, and
manually restarting the following Windows Services:

Logical Disk Manager
Logical Disk Administrative Tools
Removable Storage

I have gotten it to work.

The truth is, I'm going to get a card reader anyway, it was just
really irritating.

---Atreju---

[BnH]

Incase you haven't patch your XP ... see KB822603
and try installing the latest Intel INF driver too [ 6.02.1002 IIRC ]

=bob=

"Atreju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> So I got my new Z3. Took a few nice pix and a movie tonight at my
> in-laws grandmother birthday party.
>
> Only problem is now when connecting to my computer, I get hardware
> detect, then the drive shows up for about a second (sometimes) and the
> camera issues on-screen a "system-error" and shuts itself off!
>
> Brand new camera! And I cannot find this model in KM's support page.
>
> System Specs:
>
> Intel Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading 3.0 GHz
> 1 GB RAM
> Windows XP Professional
> Tyan S5101 motherboard with USB 2.0/1.0 compatibility
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> PS - I have other USB devices that work just fine, including a Lexar
> Media JumpDrive, and my old Fujifilm Finepix, which I have uninstalled
> since I thought maybe the driver was causing the problem, but it turns
> out not.
>

> ---Atreju---

Atreju

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:31:16 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote:

>Incase you haven't patch your XP ... see KB822603
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822603
>and try installing the latest Intel INF driver too [ 6.02.1002 IIRC ]
>
>=bob=

Thanks. Actually I already got myself an 8-in-1 card reader, so I'm
fine now.

---Atreju---