Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX Failover

PIX Failover

Marraboy

Hi

I have recently purchased a Cisco PIX failover box. I would like to
connect the main box to one of my distribution switches and the
failover box to a different distribution switch to provide another
level of redundancy. Is this possible? And is it worth doing?

If the link to the active PIX fails will the failover PIX kick in?

Thanks for any advice.

John T.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi John,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's How Failover Works on the Cisco
Secure PIX Firewall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80094ea7.shtml

Hope this helps,

Brad Reese