Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sigma Photo Pro 2.1 released for Simga SD9 and SD10

Sigma Photo Pro 2.1 released for Simga SD9 and SD10

Georgette Preddy

Improvements...

- Faster
- Even lower noise
- Even sharper images
- Even greater dynamic range
- Even better color rendition
- No more yellow biased skin tones on Auto
- Long exposures WB adjustmented for shutter speed
- Lots of new WB presets and options
- Matched monochrome output option with tinting
- SD9 and SD10 specific corrections
- Lots of informational improvements

Downsides...

- 70MBs instead of 20MBs
- All your RAW images just got better, reprocessing time

Posted samples...

SPP2.0: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp20.jpg
SPP2.1: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp21.jpg

dylan

Why are the images so small ?

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Improvements...
>
> - Faster
> - Even lower noise
> - Even sharper images
> - Even greater dynamic range
> - Even better color rendition
> - No more yellow biased skin tones on Auto
> - Long exposures WB adjustmented for shutter speed
> - Lots of new WB presets and options
> - Matched monochrome output option with tinting
> - SD9 and SD10 specific corrections
> - Lots of informational improvements
>
> Downsides...
>
> - 70MBs instead of 20MBs
> - All your RAW images just got better, reprocessing time
>
> Posted samples...
>
> SPP2.0: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp20.jpg
> SPP2.1: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp21.jpg

Darrell Larose

Both samples have a different but incorrect colour shift....

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Improvements...
>
> - Faster
> - Even lower noise
> - Even sharper images
> - Even greater dynamic range
> - Even better color rendition
> - No more yellow biased skin tones on Auto
> - Long exposures WB adjustmented for shutter speed
> - Lots of new WB presets and options
> - Matched monochrome output option with tinting
> - SD9 and SD10 specific corrections
> - Lots of informational improvements
>
> Downsides...
>
> - 70MBs instead of 20MBs
> - All your RAW images just got better, reprocessing time
>
> Posted samples...
>
> SPP2.0: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp20.jpg
> SPP2.1: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmorr/phot...cape_spp21.jpg

Bart van der Wolf

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Improvements...

SNIP
> - No more yellow biased skin tones on Auto

Didn't you say they were good as they were????? Apparently Sigma
disagrees with you as well.

> Posted samples...

http://www.pbase.com/image/33042623/
The SP2.1 version's auto color balance (left sample) can still screw
up skin color. Besides, there are no whites of the eye in the same
shot, so we can't see how blue they are.

Bart

Randall Ainsworth

In article
<mxGXc.63427$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com>,
Darrell Larose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Both samples have a different but incorrect colour shift....
> > Downsides...
> >
> > - 70MBs instead of 20MBs
> > - All your RAW images just got better, reprocessing time

Still crappy colors. Kinda dinky pics there, George. How come it's OK
for you to post links to non-native size pics but berate the rest of us
for doing it.
Oh yeah...you're an asshole.

Bart van der Wolf

"Randall Ainsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:270820040654400156%(E-Mail Removed)...
SNIP
> How come it's OK for you to post links to non-native size pics
> but berate the rest of us for doing it.
> Oh yeah...you're an asshole.

Careful, next thing you know we'll get skin color pictures of an ...

Bart

Bryce

crappy!

Sigma should sue you for making them look so bad.

G. Innipig

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Simga? Let's hope these are better cameras than Sigma's poor efforts. Oh
hang on ... anything is better than Sigma.

JPS@no.komm

In message <5JEXc.849$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why are the images so small ?

Also, why are they exactly the same after I cut the green a tad, and
boost the red and blue a tad in the SPP2.0 image?
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

JPS@no.komm

In message <412f3c2b$0$43451$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
"Bart van der Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The SP2.1 version's auto color balance (left sample) can still screw
>up skin color. Besides, there are no whites of the eye in the same
>shot, so we can't see how blue they are.

Fear not; SPP2.2 will have a feature that no other DSLR's native
software has; flesh masking. The user draws a red mask over all areas
that are flesh, and then enters the ethnicity of the subject in a text
box, so that the software can render the flesh as flesh color. If there
are multiple flesh subjects of varying ethnicities, then you must mask
them in separate conversions and layer them in photoshop.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>