Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Depth of Field and HFD calculator for digital and film

Depth of Field and HFD calculator for digital and film

Nick Good

Just passing this on.

I found an interesting program to calculate DOF, hyperfocal distance
and some other stuff which works for digital cameras (DSLRs and P&S)
as well as film.

The link is http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...ield_calc.html

Nick Good

Huygens

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Nick Good) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Just passing this on.
>
> I found an interesting program to calculate DOF, hyperfocal distance
> and some other stuff which works for digital cameras (DSLRs and P&S)
> as well as film.
>
> The link is http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...ield_calc.html
>
> Nick Good

Thanks - that looks nice.

BTW you might want to investigate PreDesigner [free download from
www.winlens.de] - also now does DOF, hyper focal distance etc, but
includes other nice things, like field size, 'lens drawing' - a
schematic of the object/lens/image etc.
As with the above, it treats a lens like a black box, so no need
to know the detailed lens prescription. Also has slider based
variation of key parameters.
However in the bob atkins prog, you need to know the lens focal
length/object distance - these are fixed as the key conjugate
parameters. But in PreDesigner, you may choose from a list of
options, for example magnification/object distance/focal length/image
distance and/or track - gives a bit more flexibility.

hope this is interesting.

Jan