Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > The key is provided for me automatically ..

The key is provided for me automatically ..

=?Utf-8?B?c290?=

I have an acer laptop with a built in wireless adapter. The windows XP
wireless network setting under wireless properties; "The key is provided for
me automatically", resets itself every few days. I have set it to off
(unchecked) then say 4 or 5 days later I will be unable to connect wirelessly
and when I look at the the settings that option is checked again causing my
problem. I feel like I am going mad, has anyone come across this before?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFzUA==?=

Hello sot, sorry I do not have an answer for you at this time because I
actually just set up a wifi at home yesterday for the first time ever to
accommodate my wife who is going to be home for a while due to medical
reasons. I also have an Acer laptop with XP running on it. I set it up on
the wifi along with my desktop. I also used the automated device encryption
key option as well and set up my laptop with a flash/thumb drive. Everything
has been running fine so far, so I will be looking to see what type of
Good luck.