Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to setup wireless file and printing sharing between two comput

How to setup wireless file and printing sharing between two comput

=?Utf-8?B?ZmFz?=

Hi there;

How are you people? I have a Sony VAIO Laptop and Dell PC both having a
wireless card installed now I want to setup file and printer sharing from
that I can use my desktop printer and drive also able to stream musik without
any wire ...

if you can help me out I shall be very thank full to you ...

best regards,

--
Fatir Siddiqui

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.
If you have a Wireless, connection through a Wireless Cable/DSL Router
(Access Point), and it is working correctly (E.g. you can surf the Internet)
you can omit the word Wireless from the other functions that you would like
to use.
In order to Share Files Printers music etc., you have to set a Network that
can Share (wire or wireless it is the same).
That can help you to start.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Basic XP -
Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx>
Printer Sharing XP -
Firewall setting for Sharing XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"fas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there;
>
> How are you people? I have a Sony VAIO Laptop and Dell PC both having a
> wireless card installed now I want to setup file and printer sharing from
> that I can use my desktop printer and drive also able to stream musik
> without
> any wire ...
>
> if you can help me out I shall be very thank full to you ...
>

> best regards,
>
> --
> Fatir Siddiqui

=?Utf-8?B?ZmFz?=

Hello Jack;

Thank you for the time I am bit confuse with these links if you don't mind
can you please write down steps to set up file and printer sharing and I
shall really thankfull to you ...

best regads,

--
Fatir Siddiqui

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.
> If you have a Wireless, connection through a Wireless Cable/DSL Router
> (Access Point), and it is working correctly (E.g. you can surf the Internet)
> you can omit the word Wireless from the other functions that you would like
> to use.
> In order to Share Files Printers music etc., you have to set a Network that
> can Share (wire or wireless it is the same).
> That can help you to start.
> http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> allowed to be shared.
> Basic XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
> Advanced XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
> Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx>
> Printer Sharing XP -
> Firewall setting for Sharing XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "fas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there;
> >
> > How are you people? I have a Sony VAIO Laptop and Dell PC both having a
> > wireless card installed now I want to setup file and printer sharing from
> > that I can use my desktop printer and drive also able to stream musik
> > without
> > any wire ...
> >
> > if you can help me out I shall be very thank full to you ...
> >

> > best regards,
> >
> > --
> > Fatir Siddiqui

=?Utf-8?B?ZmFz?=

I search on both computers but can't find each other ...
Although both having active WLAN cards ...
Can you please tell what's going on?

Do I install some protocol or what? can you please guide me step by step how
to set up my desktop computer as host for File and Printer PC & Can I Share
the internet connection also?

--
Fatir Siddiqui