Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > WinXP MBR

WinXP MBR

Grapefruit Man

If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

Sjouke Burry

Grapefruit Man wrote:
> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

fdisk /mbr

De Zundappmuts

knip
A full new instalation is the only way
De Zundappmuts
"Grapefruit Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

----
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

Tee Jay

Sjouke Burry wrote:
> Grapefruit Man wrote:
>> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?
>>fdisk /mbr

Boot with XP cd.
Choose Repair Console
At the C:\ prompt write fdisk /mbr or Fixboot C:

Pen

De Zundappmuts wrote:
> knip
> A full new instalation is the only way
> De Zundappmuts
> "Grapefruit Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

> ----
> Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
> 72 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd.
> Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

This is NOT correct.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On 19 Feb, 18:37, Tee Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sjouke Burry wrote:
> > Grapefruit Man wrote:
> >> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?
> >>fdisk /mbr

> Boot with XP cd.
> Choose Repair Console
> At the C:\ prompt write fdisk /mbr or Fixboot C:

I agree you can do either. But, surely there is a distinction here

aren't the fixmbr and fixboot commands in the win xp recovery
console.

fdisk /mbr is on the win98 CD (or Win98 boot disk).

well, I know that is the case. But i'm saying that fdisk is not in
the win xp recovery console - to my recollection.

(I think the MBR is not dependent on OS, which is the reason why this
works)