Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows Live OneCare

Windows Live OneCare

Tara Legale

Does anyone use the Windows Live OneCare scan for detecting virus and
spyware? Any opinions about it? It also serves as a Registery Cleaner
Scan, Disk Cleanup Scan, Disk Fragmentation Scan, and Open ports scan.

I decided to try it because I don't like a lot of programs loading up my
computer. The version that Windows Update wanted me to download was 5.1MB.
So I decided to try this online version instead.

Looking for opinions because my Norton is expiring next month and I'm
looking for cheaper, less memory using options.

Seniors Guide to Computers

Anything is better than Norton.

http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

"Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WZtAh.2746$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone use the Windows Live OneCare scan for detecting virus and
> spyware? Any opinions about it? It also serves as a Registery Cleaner
> Scan, Disk Cleanup Scan, Disk Fragmentation Scan, and Open ports scan.
>
> I decided to try it because I don't like a lot of programs loading up my
> computer. The version that Windows Update wanted me to download was
> 5.1MB. So I decided to try this online version instead.
>
> Looking for opinions because my Norton is expiring next month and I'm
> looking for cheaper, less memory using options.

j1mb0jay

As "Seniors" said anything is better than Norton, as most norton programs
are very hadware hungry (although to some people this extra scanning may
save their machine). I tried OneCare and thought it was very good until i
had to pay for it. So i moved onto Avast as this is free if you are not
using your machine to make a "profit".

Just my opion "Support Free/Share Ware"

Regards j1mb0jay