Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > importing contacts from messenger to oex6?

importing contacts from messenger to oex6?

gardenlen

is there anyway that i can import the addresse i have in my contacts
in msn messenger into oex6?

i tried using the import addresses function but i can't find which
folder/file in msn messnger that i need to get the addresses from.

tia

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Gel

Don't use Messenger myself, but if OE's import messages wizard can't
find when you search for why not save your "address" file in an Excel
file, in "CSV" format;
then try process again.
Does it find that?

it's on the drop down optionOn Feb 11, 6:46 pm, gardenlen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> is there anyway that i can import the addresse i have in my contacts
> in msn messenger into oex6?
>
> i tried using the import addresses function but i can't find which
> folder/file in msn messnger that i need to get the addresses from.
>
> tia
>
> With peace and brightest of blessings,
>
> len
>
> --
> "Be Content With What You Have And
> May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
> A World That You May Not Understand."
>
> http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

gardenlen

g'day gel,

i don't ahve excel at all.

yes when i used the import address mode i thought it would list where
i wanted to get the data from then find that folder, but it doesn't do
that so i ahve no idea where msn messenger stores that data file.

ta

On 12 Feb 2007 08:59:23 -0800, "Gel" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Gel

This says it does it automatically:
http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-2408651,00.html

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/02/...nger.nolimits/

On Feb 12, 4:59 pm, "Gel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Don't use Messenger myself, but if OE's import messages wizard can't
> find when you search for why not save your "address" file in an Excel
> file, in "CSV" format;
> then try process again.
> Does it find that?
>
> it's on the drop down optionOn Feb 11, 6:46 pm, gardenlen
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > is there anyway that i can import the addresse i have in my contacts
> > in msn messenger into oex6?

> > i tried using the import addresses function but i can't find which
> > folder/file in msn messnger that i need to get the addresses from.

> > tia

> > With peace and brightest of blessings,

> > len

> > --
> > "Be Content With What You Have And
> > May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
> > A World That You May Not Understand."

> >http://www.lensgarden.com.au/- Hide quoted text -

gardenlen

g'day gel,

yeh that's what i thought but not in this instance it hasn't/doesn't
maybe because oex is not my default reader??

i have the links saved and will give the a good peruse later see if
there is any help for me?

snipped