Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > stack fault?

stack fault?

ernie16

Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that Internet
Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has a close button.
I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting Windows.
Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB RAM

De Zundappmuts

"ernie16" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht news:44wzh.815$Aa5.258@trnddc01...
> Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that

Internet
> Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has a close

button.
> I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting Windows.
> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks
>
> Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB

RAM

> knip

The problem is very simpel:
Your computer is out of date.
Ask your local computer store for more details.
It isn't from this time to rus with windows 3.11 and only 28 Mb memory.
You'll have to upgrade almost everything or even buy a new computer.
min.256 Mb memory you need.
De Zundappmuts

----
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

ernie16

Why is that? I mean, everything else works just as it always has. I don't
see why I should have to spend a fortune on all new equipment just to look
at the Internet.

But thank you for your response.

"De Zundappmuts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eqnftr$uei$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

> "ernie16" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht news:44wzh.815$Aa5.258@trnddc01...
>> Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that

> Internet
>> Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has a close

> button.
>> I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting Windows.
>> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks
>>
>> Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB

> RAM
>>
>> knip

> The problem is very simpel:
> Your computer is out of date.
> Ask your local computer store for more details.
> It isn't from this time to rus with windows 3.11 and only 28 Mb memory.
> You'll have to upgrade almost everything or even buy a new computer.
> min.256 Mb memory you need.
> De Zundappmuts

> ----
> Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
> 39 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd.
> Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

John A

Sounds tough, but the guy is right. If you want a guess as to your actual
problem, it'd be that IE5 just isn't fully compatible with such a dated
system as Win 3.11 and/or with so little RAM.

As for spending a fortune - you'll find much more up-to-date equipment at
almost any refuse tip just waiting to be smuggled out for free!

JohnA

"ernie16" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Why is that? I mean, everything else works just as it always has. I

don't
> see why I should have to spend a fortune on all new equipment just to look
> at the Internet.
>
> But thank you for your response.
>

> "De Zundappmuts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eqnftr$uei$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> >
> > "ernie16" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht

> >> Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that

> > Internet
> >> Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has a close

> > button.
> >> I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting

Windows.
> >> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks
> >>
> >> Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB

> > RAM
> >>
> >> knip

> > The problem is very simpel:
> > Your computer is out of date.
> > Ask your local computer store for more details.
> > It isn't from this time to rus with windows 3.11 and only 28 Mb memory.
> > You'll have to upgrade almost everything or even buy a new computer.
> > min.256 Mb memory you need.
> > De Zundappmuts

> > ----
> > Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
> > 39 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd.
> > Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

tony sayer

In article <45d0362e$0$8721$(E-Mail Removed)>, John A
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Sounds tough, but the guy is right. If you want a guess as to your actual
>problem, it'd be that IE5 just isn't fully compatible with such a dated
>system as Win 3.11 and/or with so little RAM.
>
>As for spending a fortune - you'll find much more up-to-date equipment at
>almost any refuse tip just waiting to be smuggled out for free!

Too right. Round here you can often pick up a 1 Ghz 256 M ram machine
for around 20 Quid!...

--
Tony Sayer

j1mb0jay

ernie16 wrote:
> Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that
> Internet Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has
> a close button. I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without
> restarting Windows. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
> Thanks
>
> Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor,
> 24MB RAM

If you like "oldskool" why are you using Windows why not try some old distro
of unix. WARP or something.
--
Regards JJ (UWA)