Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Accessing a shared folder on home network

Accessing a shared folder on home network

John

I have a home network between two computers, one xp pro sp2 (32 bit)
the other xp home sp2 (32 bit).

I just wondered for what reasons I might get an access is denied
message when I try and access a shared folder on one of these
computers connected to the home network?

It seems strange this one because the actual folder I am trying to
access is the Shared Documents Folder, which is the one that is
usually the only shared folder on the system. I can't access this and
it keeps giving me an access denied message, yet for other folders
that are shared and configured in exactly the same was I can access
these. What gives?

John