Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Anyone know what ~ means on desktop?

Anyone know what ~ means on desktop?

Carl H.

Every once in a while I get a folder on my desktop that only displays the
symbol ~ underneath it. If I check the folder properties there is no
extension named and the file is identified only as: ~

Then I opened the file in DOS and it was approximately 200 kb and was a mix
of "machine language" (computer programming syntax) and email addresses from
some of my emails I have received.

It goes away when I run TRACKS ERASER but comes back at odd intervals.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Carl
(Scratching my head in Iowa)

Shoo

Carl H. wrote:
> Every once in a while I get a folder on my desktop that only displays
> the symbol ~ underneath it. If I check the folder properties there is
> no extension named and the file is identified only as: ~
>
> Then I opened the file in DOS and it was approximately 200 kb and was
> a mix of "machine language" (computer programming syntax) and email
> addresses from some of my emails I have received.
>
> It goes away when I run TRACKS ERASER but comes back at odd intervals.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> Carl
> (Scratching my head in Iowa)

Carl H.