Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Adsafe After Scanning My Pc versus Norton Security Suite

Adsafe After Scanning My Pc versus Norton Security Suite

Heidi Manway

Adsafe After Scanning My Pc versus Norton Security Suite
This is what I got after scanning with the Lavasoft Software Is it
worth investing in the Realtime version of this software Is ErrorGuard
Spyware because I paid for this myself possible false pos
itive?

RE: Adsafe After own scan Norton Security

>>Ad-Aware SE Build
>>Logfile Created on:18 January 2007 Created with Ad-Aware SE
>>Personal, free for private use.
>>Using definitions file: 17.01.2007
>>

>>References detected during the scan:
>>
>>BlazeFind(TAC index:5):2 total references
>>ErrorGuard(TAC index:7):19 total references
>>Holystic-Dialer(TAC index:5):65 total references
>>IEHIjacker.SearchExe(TAC index:6):4 total references
>>Possible Browser Hijack attempt(TAC index:3):2 total references
>>searchwww.hijacker(TAC index::2 total references
>>Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):1 total references
>>Virtumonde(TAC index:10):1 total references
>>

>>Ad-Aware SE Settings
>>===========================
>>Set : Search for negligible risk entries
>>Set : Safe mode (always request confirmation)
>>Set : Scan active processes
>>Set : Scan registry
>>Set : Deep-scan registry
>>Set : Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs
>>Set : Scan my Hosts file
>>
>>Extended Ad-Aware SE Settings
>>

>************************************************* *************************
>
>Sorry It does seem to be an oversight on my behalf its Freeware BUT
>what is the Red Cross "Adwatch Status Not Available Click Here To
>Upgrade ?
>it links you to a payment site do I need to buy this is it
>adviseably
>>________________________________________________ _________________
>>Heidi
>>

>_________________________________________________ ________________

Dave Taylor

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:

> Is ErrorGuard
> Spyware because I paid for this myself possible false pos
> itive?

You got scammed.
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=2414

--
Ciao, Dave

peecee

Heidi Manway wrote:
> Adsafe After Scanning My Pc versus Norton Security Suite
> This is what I got after scanning with the Lavasoft Software Is it
> worth investing in the Realtime version of this software Is ErrorGuard
> Spyware because I paid for this myself possible false pos
> itive?
>
> RE: Adsafe After own scan Norton Security
> >

> >>Ad-Aware SE Build
> >>Logfile Created on:18 January 2007 Created with Ad-Aware SE
> >>Personal, free for private use.
> >>Using definitions file: 17.01.2007
> >>

> >>References detected during the scan:
> >>
> >>BlazeFind(TAC index:5):2 total references
> >>ErrorGuard(TAC index:7):19 total references
> >>Holystic-Dialer(TAC index:5):65 total references
> >>IEHIjacker.SearchExe(TAC index:6):4 total references
> >>Possible Browser Hijack attempt(TAC index:3):2 total references
> >>searchwww.hijacker(TAC index::2 total references
> >>Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):1 total references
> >>Virtumonde(TAC index:10):1 total references
> >>

> >>Ad-Aware SE Settings
> >>===========================
> >>Set : Search for negligible risk entries
> >>Set : Safe mode (always request confirmation)
> >>Set : Scan active processes
> >>Set : Scan registry
> >>Set : Deep-scan registry
> >>Set : Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs
> >>Set : Scan my Hosts file
> >>
> >>Extended Ad-Aware SE Settings
> >>

> >************************************************* *************************
> >
> >Sorry It does seem to be an oversight on my behalf its Freeware BUT
> >what is the Red Cross "Adwatch Status Not Available Click Here To
> >Upgrade ?
> >it links you to a payment site do I need to buy this is it
> >adviseably
> >>________________________________________________ _________________
> >>Heidi
> >>

> >_________________________________________________ ________________

Heidi

I note this is one of several posts to nz.comp you have made about
Virus's,
Spyware and scan programs in the last few days.

May I offer the following thoughts on the topics you've raised.

1 From the Googling I've done Error Guard looks very suspect, I
would
trust Ad-Aware on this one.
2 It is generally best to only install one Anti Virus at a time.
3 Which Anti Virus product is the best (paid vs free) is open to
debate.
4 Norton and McAfee have a reputation for being bloat ware and for
dragging your PC's performance down.
5 In my opinion the 'best' Anti Virus/Spyware program is the one
that is
up to date and detects Virus's/Spywares that appear on your PC. i.e.
the
'best' is no dam good if it doesn't detect a nasty because it's
subscription
ran out.
6. Anti Spyware products are many and varied, a large number of them
are
Scam's
7 This site is regarded as an honest guide to Anti Spyware programs
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/
8 The practical difference between paid and free Anti Spyware
products is
usually Auto update/realtime scan facilities, your choice.
9 Several Anti Spyware programs are usually recognised as being
better
than one.

Which all boils down to:

AVG or Avast with Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster & Windows defender.
Pros: Free, Programs written for more altruistic reasons, Many of the
free
one's are recommended by hands on professionals. (i.e. the people that
actually have to clean this crap off PC's)
Cons: Require more hands on management & scanning, unofficial support
only.

Norton/McAfee/Sophos/Trend/....(etc) + your pick of the paid for Anti
Spyware products.
Pros:They do the job (?) automatically (?), you have some support.
Cons: They Cost and cost and cost..., Many are bloatware, Paid is no
guarantee they are any good. Paid is no guarantee there is good
support.

May I suggest you 'Google'. eg 'Error Guard any good?' and take a
sampling
of users feedback to gauge the effectiveness of any product.

Best
Paul.

~misfit~

Heidi Manway wrote:

Heidi,

Please pick a fusking group and stick to it. It's considered bad form to
crosspost to so many groups. Not only that but it's ****ing *me* off, hence
no help from me.

HAND.
--