Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Finding the Website Owner so you can email them?WHOIS?

Finding the Website Owner so you can email them?WHOIS?

Heidi Manway

Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on

How do I achieve this?

Thanks,

Heidi

Mark Robinson

Heidi Manway wrote:
> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
>
> How do I achieve this?

http://www.google.com/search?q=whois

By way of an example:
> [...]

> database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
> automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
> modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
> Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
> information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
> about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
> guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
> by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
> for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
> to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
> unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
> or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
> that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
> repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
> prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
> use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
> query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
> domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
> to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
> operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
> Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
> reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
>
> The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
> Registrars.
> The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
> while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
> with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
> information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
> in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
> Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
> permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
> you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
> you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
> dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
> purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
> and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
> not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
> processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
> including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.
>
> Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
> in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
> is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Notice that the address field appears somewhat unreal.

WhzzKdd

Heidi Manway wrote:
> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
>
> How do I achieve this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Heidi

Dear Heidi,

I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to your
stupid email, I would have already done so.

Sincerely,
The Administrator

DJ Spider

WhzzKdd wrote:
> Heidi Manway wrote:
>> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
>> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
>> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
>>
>> How do I achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Heidi

> Dear Heidi,
>
> I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to your
> stupid email, I would have already done so.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Administrator

Thunderbird is an amazing email and news client! I have just blocked
heidi with an email filter, if she posts again it will go straight into
the delete folder! Whoo Hoo!

--

Don't forget to take out THETRASH !

Do you need a Disco? Or would you like to sing to the World?
(or at least Ireland!) Visit http://www.kastlekaraoke.com for all
your Disco and Karaoke party needs.

Des O'Donoghue

Heidi Manway wrote:
> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
>
> How do I achieve this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Heidi

Why is this cross-posted to ie.comp and nz.comp ?

Evan Platt

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:42:59 +0000, Des O'Donoghue
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why is this cross-posted to ie.comp and nz.comp ?

Because the OP is an idiot.

Plain and simple.

WhzzKdd

DJ Spider wrote:
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> Heidi Manway wrote:
>>> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
>>> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need
>>> to get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the
>>> message on How do I achieve this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Heidi

>> Dear Heidi,
>>
>> I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to
>> your stupid email, I would have already done so.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> The Administrator
>>

> Thunderbird is an amazing email and news client! I have just blocked
> heidi with an email filter, if she posts again it will go straight
> into the delete folder! Whoo Hoo!

Yup - she's very close to gaining access to my looney bin as well.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:26:11 -0800, "WhzzKdd"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yup - she's very close to gaining access to my looney bin as well.

Heidi OWNS the friggin looney bin.

http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=...y%40yahoo.comh

jasen

On 2007-01-19, Heidi Manway <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
>
> How do I achieve this?

a service called whois.

do a whois request on the domain name, and the IP address.

--

Bye.
Jasen

WhzzKdd

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:26:11 -0800, "WhzzKdd"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yup - she's very close to gaining access to my looney bin as well.

> Heidi OWNS the friggin looney bin.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=...y%40yahoo.comh

<BEG>