Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 5 Sure-Fire Tips for Buying a New Computer

5 Sure-Fire Tips for Buying a New Computer

OurCompGuy

5 Sure-Fire Tips for Buying a New Computer

So you're thinking of buying a new computer... Where do you start?
There are so many brands and models of computers available, and it can
all be a little overwhelming when you start to look around. How do you
decide what type of computer you need? And perhaps more importantly,
how do you decide what the best value is?

I have sold computers professionally for almost 20 years, and there are
certain "tricks of the trade" that most computer stores and salespeople
use. Knowing these secrets can make your decision easier and will help
you buy the right computer for your needs.

1. Buy What You Need, Maybe a Little More

2. Warranty Considerations

3. Can You Negotiate the Price Down?

4. How Do Computer Stores Make Any Money?

5. What Software is Included?

Read the entire article at
http://www.ourcomputertips.com/compu..._computer.html

Justin Brown - SYNACS

Nice article overall, although I would have named tip #5 "Junk software
included?" =]

Good job.