Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Trouble using a hostname in the address field for the Radius client in IAS

Trouble using a hostname in the address field for the Radius client in IAS

Ned

I realize this may be an IAS issue, but I am posting here just in case
someone has seen this problem. My Aironet 1231 is configured to use
DHCP. I can ping the hostname of the AP and connect to it. When I
configure IAS with the AP as a RADIUS client using its hostname it
works for a few days until the IP of the AP changes. It's almost as if
IAS is caching the IP associated with the DNS hostname. I have to go
into IAS and re-type the name and click verify for it to work again.
Using static IP addresses works just fine but these AP's will be moving
to different vlans. I will post this in the MS forums too.

Thanks in advance.
NH