Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Full Panel Display in Dos ("Real") Mode on Fujitsu Laptop

Full Panel Display in Dos ("Real") Mode on Fujitsu Laptop

Brad

Hi,

I recently bought a used Fujitsu Lifebook 270Dx laptop with Windows 95,
which was sold in 1998. Everything works, but in Dos mode, sometimes called
"real" mode (Windows not running), the display does not fill the entire screen
(panel display). There is a thick boarder around the display. I couldn't
find a display driver for Dos mode. I downloaded all the drivers for this
model Fujitsu, but there is no "real mode" display driver.

Do you know how I can get the display to fill the panel in Dos mode?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Robert Baer

Brad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a used Fujitsu Lifebook 270Dx laptop with Windows 95,
> which was sold in 1998. Everything works, but in Dos mode, sometimes called
> "real" mode (Windows not running), the display does not fill the entire screen
> (panel display). There is a thick boarder around the display. I couldn't
> find a display driver for Dos mode. I downloaded all the drivers for this
> model Fujitsu, but there is no "real mode" display driver.
>
> Do you know how I can get the display to fill the panel in Dos mode?
>
> Thanks in advance, Brad
>
> Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
> be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Select Start/Programs/MSDOS Prompt then right click and select
properties; select Screen tab, Useage "full screen" all boxes checked.
Thencheck the Font tab to see that Both Font Types is selected and
font size is Auto.
That may help.