Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows and Mac computer

Windows and Mac computer

kayla

I have been encouraging my friend to get a computer and I offered to
help her learn to use it. She now has aquired a Mac1 computer that
was given to her. My offer to help just went out the window. I have
no idea what to do with a Mac. It's a totally different system and
how hard is it for me to figure out? I have used Windows for 8 years
and am pretty knowledgable on operating my own computer. Any info
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lori

Mr. Arnold

kayla wrote:
> I have been encouraging my friend to get a computer and I offered to
> help her learn to use it. She now has aquired a Mac1 computer that
> was given to her. My offer to help just went out the window. I have
> no idea what to do with a Mac. It's a totally different system and
> how hard is it for me to figure out? I have used Windows for 8 years
> and am pretty knowledgable on operating my own computer. Any info
> would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Lori

It's just like when I put Linux on my network with Windows. I know
Windows very well, which my knowledge came from books. My knowledge of
Linux is coming from books too.

So, I suggest you do the same. They should have a MAC for Dummies Book,
where you can start and you and your friend can learn together.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ummies&spell=1

kayla

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that's going to happen though.
We are both seniors and I remember what it was like learning to run my
PC 8 years ago. I had a student teach me which was a big help. It's a
constant learning process and I don't know how I would be learning a
new system. I will get a Mac for Dummies book and see what I can do.
Lori