Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > photo edit software

photo edit software

- Bobb -

We have a picture of 80 yr old relative sitting on a motorcycle in the
driveway. We're looking for some point/click software that will allow
us to take that photo of him - remove the driveway background - and
insert highway/open fields photo - to give the appearance of him driving
the bike down the road. My sister asked me to do this on the photo on
her PC at Christmas. I told her that I couldn't to which she replied - "
I see them do it all the time in the malls or on vacation... ". She
doesn't realize that they have a pc with customized software , etc
....(you must get this too). Anyhow, it's got to be any easy program - we
need this by New Years and can't spend a week learning it.
( We could bring to photo store , but curious about what's available for
us to do it easily.)

I do have friends with photoshop but after they bought it they were
overwhelmed so I didn't bother asking - if you could walk me thru it I'd
give it a go on their system.

Recommendations ?
Thanks for any feedback.

Baron

- Bobb - wrote:

> We have a picture of 80 yr old relative sitting on a motorcycle in
> the
> driveway. We're looking for some point/click software that will
> allow us to take that photo of him - remove the driveway background
> - and insert highway/open fields photo - to give the appearance of
> him driving the bike down the road. My sister asked me to do this on
> the photo on her PC at Christmas. I told her that I couldn't to
> which she replied - " I see them do it all the time in the malls or
> on vacation... ". She doesn't realize that they have a pc with
> customized software , etc ...(you must get this too). Anyhow, it's
> got to be any easy program - we need this by New Years and can't
> spend a week learning it. ( We could bring to photo store , but
> curious about what's available for us to do it easily.)
>
> I do have friends with photoshop but after they bought it they were
> overwhelmed so I didn't bother asking - if you could walk me thru it
> I'd give it a go on their system.
>
> Recommendations ?
> Thanks for any feedback.

You may be surprised at what Linux can do !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

bmoag

What you want to do is called compositing.
Several consumer grade photo processing programs have the ability to do this
but it is difficult to do accurately even with the most elegant Photoshop
tools if there are areas of the main image that are not distinct from the
background. All you can do is try one of these packages yourself or hire
someone to do it for you. It is not at all difficult to do the basics, which
might be satisfactory for you.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...