Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell Inspiron 1000 Keyboard Problem

Dell Inspiron 1000 Keyboard Problem

Ronald Murray

Hello
I bought a used Dell that needed a new keyboard. It worked fine but it had
one missing key & the letters were worn off on some others. I saw one on
eBay for a 1200. So I asked Dell if I could use a 1200 keyboard on a 1000 &
the tech assured me that I could.
I don't have the old keyboard to try. The new one does not work. No letters
, no numbers , nothing. I purchased an adapter to try a PS2 keyboard in a
USB slot. It works just fine. Anybody have any suggestions for me to try.
Thanks.
ron

Patrick

A good suggestion would be to get an Inspiron 1000 keyboard.

"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello
> I bought a used Dell that needed a new keyboard. It worked fine but it had
> one missing key & the letters were worn off on some others. I saw one on
> eBay for a 1200. So I asked Dell if I could use a 1200 keyboard on a 1000
> & the tech assured me that I could.
> I don't have the old keyboard to try. The new one does not work. No
> letters , no numbers , nothing. I purchased an adapter to try a PS2
> keyboard in a USB slot. It works just fine. Anybody have any suggestions
> for me to try.
> Thanks.
> ron

Baron

Ronald Murray wrote:

> Hello
> I bought a used Dell that needed a new keyboard. It worked fine but
> it had one missing key & the letters were worn off on some others. I
> saw one on eBay for a 1200. So I asked Dell if I could use a 1200
> keyboard on a 1000 & the tech assured me that I could.
> I don't have the old keyboard to try. The new one does not work. No
> letters , no numbers , nothing. I purchased an adapter to try a PS2
> keyboard in a USB slot. It works just fine. Anybody have any
> suggestions for me to try. Thanks.
> ron

The Dell keyboard is nothing special! Any keyboard that plugs in will
work just fine. Your local computer shop or supermarket will have
one for, say $10 or £5 UK

--
Best Regards:
Baron.