Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Deleting an OE6 tip???

Deleting an OE6 tip???

Bob

Just recently, every time I exit OE6 I get the message block "To free
up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up
to a few minutes. [OK] [Cancel] "
I do not have excessive messages (number or size) in any of the OE
folders, nor am I short of HD space (16g out of 32g available). How do
I get rid of that damn thing?

Bob S.

Sjouke Burry

Bob wrote:
> Just recently, every time I exit OE6 I get the message block "To free
> up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up
> to a few minutes. [OK] [Cancel] "
> I do not have excessive messages (number or size) in any of the OE
> folders, nor am I short of HD space (16g out of 32g available). How do
> I get rid of that damn thing?
>
> Bob S.

Firefox and thunderbird.

Bob

On Dec 17, 12:35 pm, "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just recently, every time I exit OE6 I get the message block "To free
> up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up
> to a few minutes. [OK] [Cancel] "
> I do not have excessive messages (number or size) in any of the OE
> folders, nor am I short of HD space (16g out of 32g available). How do
> I get rid of that damn thing?
>
> Bob S.

Disregard, I found it. That is an automatic function of OE that comes
up after each 100 closings. It won't go away until you compact the
messages whether you want to or not. Typical Microsoft!

Bob