Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > windows update problems

windows update problems

ChristyLynn

Every time I download the recommended windows updates I have some problem
with my computer. Once it was related to a Hotfix and I got a blue screen
error, now on 12/12 I downloaded four updates and each day I had to start
the computer in Last Known Good Config to get in. Today I did a System
Restore to prior to that 12/12 update and my computer is again fine. What
gives?

I'm to the point I'm not going to download any updates anymore for fear one
day I won't be able to fix the problem it caused. Anyone else experiencing
this?

jtees4

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:24:17 GMT, "ChristyLynn"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Every time I download the recommended windows updates I have some problem
>with my computer. Once it was related to a Hotfix and I got a blue screen
>error, now on 12/12 I downloaded four updates and each day I had to start
>the computer in Last Known Good Config to get in. Today I did a System
>Restore to prior to that 12/12 update and my computer is again fine. What
>gives?
>
>I'm to the point I'm not going to download any updates anymore for fear one
>day I won't be able to fix the problem it caused. Anyone else experiencing
>this?

I have had updates turned off for about two months as I got tired of
all the problems. Guess what? No more problems.

ChristyLynn

I've always done the updates, for years and years. Its just lately every
time some new problem pops up. No more updates for me.

JANA

You may have a problem with the operating system, or its registration is not
recognized.

--

JANA
_____