Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Bad DVDs?

Bad DVDs?

Bubba

I purchased a very large sleeve of Verbatum DVD-Rs from Sams. I have been
unable to write on these rascals. Don't know whether it is the software,
the burner or the discs. Is it possible that an entire stack of discs could
all be bad? Does this happen very often?

olfart

"Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AKjgh.44072$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I purchased a very large sleeve of Verbatum DVD-Rs from Sams. I have been
>unable to write on these rascals. Don't know whether it is the software,
>the burner or the discs. Is it possible that an entire stack of discs
>could all be bad? Does this happen very often?

Have you used this particular brand of disc before?? Your burner might just
not like Verbatum....it happens.

JANA

Maybe your burner has gone defective, or the disks are of a standard that
your burner cannot handle. I would doubt a full batch of new disks are
defective.

--

JANA
_____

"Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AKjgh.44072$(E-Mail Removed)...
I purchased a very large sleeve of Verbatum DVD-Rs from Sams. I have been
unable to write on these rascals. Don't know whether it is the software,
the burner or the discs. Is it possible that an entire stack of discs could
all be bad? Does this happen very often?

jtees4

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:54:40 GMT, "Bubba"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I purchased a very large sleeve of Verbatum DVD-Rs from Sams. I have been
>unable to write on these rascals. Don't know whether it is the software,
>the burner or the discs. Is it possible that an entire stack of discs could
>all be bad? Does this happen very often?

Easiesty to check if possible is to burn on a different computer. I
never heard of it happening with an entire batch, but it could happen.