Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Toshiba A60

Toshiba A60

Ronald Murray

Hello
My friends Toshiba has developed a problem. When it boots up into Windows ,
it will stay on all day & work great. The problem is it does not always boot
right into Windows. We have to hold down on the start for about 10 seconds
to shut it off then try again. We can restart it as many times as we choose.
It's just getting it to boot every.
When it does not boot , you can hear the same noises , the fan etc but no
video or Windows jingle.
ron

JANA

There may be some corrupt files in the start-up area of the operating
system, or the disk drive may have a fault. Have you tried to see if the
computer can start up with a bootable CD disk, or with a floppy disk?

--

JANA
_____