Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Freezing Computer when using Dvd burner.

Freezing Computer when using Dvd burner.

Jamie

I was wondering it anyone would know why my computer keeps freezing
everytime I try installing a program. I am using a Pioneer DVD 111.

Brian

You probably need to provide more info but it could be that you have too
many programs running in the background, spyware or virii on your system,
not enough memory, failing DVD drive, etc With out more information it is
hard to tell

what OS?
type of computer(amd, intel, speed, name brand model)?
available memory? (all programs--accessories--system tools--system
information --first screen)
what kind of program are you installing?
have you checked for spyware and virii?
when did the DVD last work?