Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Inspiron 1000 DC-Jack

Inspiron 1000 DC-Jack

Patrick

A day after the warrenty ran out on my Inspiron 1000, the dc jack in the
back gave out completely....imagin that!!! Is there any way to get around
the jack to supply power to this heap of crap? I just need something simple
but sturdy....i would really like to regain controle over my computer from
my wife..

Patrick

Barney

Patrick wrote:
> A day after the warrenty ran out on my Inspiron 1000, the dc jack in the
> back gave out completely....imagin that!!! Is there any way to get around
> the jack to supply power to this heap of crap? I just need something simple
> but sturdy....i would really like to regain controle over my computer from
> my wife..
>
> Patrick

Send it to me and I will fix it for you. You can't get
around the DC power unless you buy new batteries for it
every 4 or 5 hours

Barney

Patrick wrote:
> A day after the warrenty ran out on my Inspiron 1000, the dc jack in the
> back gave out completely....imagin that!!! Is there any way to get around
> the jack to supply power to this heap of crap? I just need something simple
> but sturdy....i would really like to regain controle over my computer from
> my wife..
>
> Patrick

Send it to me and I will fix it for you. You can't get
around the DC power unless you buy new batteries for it
every 4 or 5 hours

Patrick

Thats ok....i already soldered the old jack out and i got a new one
coming....problem solved as long as i can solder the new on in...thank
anyways.

Patrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...