Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > re: Rebates !

re: Rebates !

- Bobb -

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
<<snipped>>

> I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt ( not
> thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not
> processing the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't
> qualify for that ($30) rebate. I told her " You're right - I am
> holding in my hand the lower part of the CompUSA receipt that I sent
> to you and it clearly states "Notebook PC with a model number ending
> in US
> and receive $50 cash back" not $30.
>
> " Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
> and will process that - thank you for calling"
>
> If anyone else needs the info:
> call 1-888-385-5410
> The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.

FURTHER UPDATE:
I've been out of town - just went to PO to pick up my mail (was
stopped).
I saw a "rebate check envelope" (tear-apart sides) from HP and since I
was stopping at the bank anyway I brought it on with me. I opened it
there and .... guess what? .... it's a " sorry but you do not qualify
for the $30 rebate" letter. No check.
I'm now calling them back - AGAIN. Two months - STILL they have not
sent a check.

- Bobb -

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> <<snipped>>
>>
>> I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt (
>> not thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not
>> processing the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't
>> qualify for that ($30) rebate. I told her " You're right - I am
>> holding in my hand the lower part of the CompUSA receipt that I sent
>> to you and it clearly states "Notebook PC with a model number ending
>> in US
>> and receive $50 cash back" not $30.
>>
>> " Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
>> and will process that - thank you for calling"
>>
>> If anyone else needs the info:
>> call 1-888-385-5410
>> The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.
>>

> FURTHER UPDATE:
> I've been out of town - just went to PO to pick up my mail (was
> stopped).
> I saw a "rebate check envelope" (tear-apart sides) from HP and since I
> was stopping at the bank anyway I brought it on with me. I opened it
> there and .... guess what? .... it's a " sorry but you do not qualify
> for the $30 rebate" letter. No check.
> I'm now calling them back - AGAIN. Two months - STILL they have not
> sent a check.

UPDATE 2:
When I called, she said:
" That letter was regarding the previous ( the incorrect) notice. ( from
november !): disregard that."
Then she said " the rebate check is in the mail"
Famous last words, huh ?

- Bobb -

FINAL UPDATE:

I've been out of town for 4 weeks - just went to PO to pick up my mail.
Lo' and behold - in the pile are 2 checks from my Black Friday purchases
:
1 from HP ($50) and 1 from CompUSA ($230) - checks
dated 1/24/07 . Case closed.

Bobb

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> <<snipped>>
>>
>> I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt (
>> not thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not
>> processing the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't
>> qualify for that ($30) rebate. I told her " You're right - I am
>> holding in my hand the lower part of the CompUSA receipt that I sent
>> to you and it clearly states "Notebook PC with a model number ending
>> in US
>> and receive $50 cash back" not $30.
>>
>> " Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
>> and will process that - thank you for calling"
>>
>> If anyone else needs the info:
>> call 1-888-385-5410
>> The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.
>>

> FURTHER UPDATE:
> I've been out of town - just went to PO to pick up my mail (was
> stopped).
> I saw a "rebate check envelope" (tear-apart sides) from HP and since I
> was stopping at the bank anyway I brought it on with me. I opened it
> there and .... guess what? .... it's a " sorry but you do not qualify
> for the $30 rebate" letter. No check.
> I'm now calling them back - AGAIN. Two months - STILL they have not
> sent a check.

JeWitch

"Barry Watzman" <(E-Mail Removed)>

I haven't been in this newsgroup except to lurk every now and then. But if
my memory is still working right, the poster above helped me with a problem
I had with my FIRST EVER laptop [Toshiba] That's gotta be 8 or 9 years ago

Diane

Canon rebates mentioned on Dpreview Canon lenses forum.. no rebates for 20D? ob1cnob Digital Photography 0 03-30-2006 02:48 PM
Subscription Rebates Daveyman MCSD 4 12-10-2004 12:29 PM
Re: Microsoft rebates The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere MCSD 3 05-02-2004 05:37 PM
Re: Microsoft rebates Ashith Raj MCSD 9 04-13-2004 06:45 PM
Re: Microsoft rebates The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere MCSD 0 04-01-2004 05:22 PM

Advertisments