Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Is this Computer worth it?

Is this Computer worth it?

Uncle Nobby

Is this any good?

http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

HEATHER-SCOTGIRL

i think it could be cheaper for the spec as especially the processor runs at 1.8ghz, not fast for a brand new pc nowadays

"Uncle Nobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:456c7e71$0$8750$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this any good?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

AVAST Antivirus: Outbound THIS MESSAGE IS CLEAN
Virus Database (VPS): 0651-2, 28/11/2006
Tested on: 28/11/2006 18:36:35

meow2222@care2.com

Uncle Nobby wrote:

> Is this any good?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you want,
but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.

NT

Johannes Andersen

> Uncle Nobby wrote:
>
> > Is this any good?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

> 1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you want,
> but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.
>
> NT

But it's a Core 2 Duo, the processors run much more efficient; the 1.86MHz
is not a problem. It's fairly priced for the spec.

Trev

"Johannes Andersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> Uncle Nobby wrote:
>>
>> > Is this any good?
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

>> 1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you want,
>> but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.
>>
>> NT

> But it's a Core 2 Duo, the processors run much more efficient; the 1.86MHz
> is not a problem. It's fairly priced for the spec.

About the equiv of 3.7 MHz.

Providing they have one left at the shop you go to

Bernard Peek

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) writes
>Uncle Nobby wrote:
>
>> Is this any good?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

>1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you want,
>but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.

It's a Core 2 Duo processor, which is brand new. Difficult to predict
just how fast it will be without going through the reviews in recent
magazines. It's probably about as fast as the top Pentium D models.

--
Bernard Peek
back in search of cognoscenti

Pete

"Uncle Nobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:456c7e71$0$8750$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this any good?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

But what is that in US dollars?

SteveH

"HEATHER-SCOTGIRL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3m%ah.66369$(E-Mail Removed)...
>i think it could be cheaper for the spec as especially the processor runs
>at 1.8ghz, not fast for a brand new pc nowadays
>

> "Uncle Nobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:456c7e71$0$8750$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this any good?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

> AVAST Antivirus: Outbound THIS MESSAGE IS CLEAN
> Virus Database (VPS): 0651-2, 28/11/2006
> Tested on: 28/11/2006 18:36:35

But it's a Core2 Duo. It's hardly just a 1.8gig CPU, is it?

SteveH

Dr Zoidberg

Trev wrote:
> "Johannes Andersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> 1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you
>>> want, but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.
>>>
>>> NT

>> But it's a Core 2 Duo, the processors run much more efficient; the
>> 1.86MHz is not a problem. It's fairly priced for the spec.

> About the equiv of 3.7 MHz.

Same as a commodore 64 then?

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Dr Zoidberg

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Uncle Nobby wrote:
>
>> Is this any good?

It's not a bad buy at all.
Not earth shattering for the money but it's certainly not significantly
overpriced.

>> http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

> 1.8G cpu is far behind new machines.

A 1.86ghz core2 duo processor *is* a relatively new CPU.
The clock speed is lower than the much older 3ghz P4 processors but they
have more pipelines so they achieve more in a single clock cycle , have much
more cache memory and a faster FSB , not to mention the fact that they have
two separate cores so it will be more responsive when running multiple
apps..

> It should do everything you want,
> but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.

Shame it's not NOS then isn't it
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Is a paid for computer security system worth it? stonej Computer Security 1 01-03-2010 07:58 PM
Worth buying modem router? =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?= Wireless Networking 2 07-05-2005 02:33 PM
How much is Bill worth right now? Me_and_you ASP .Net 18 02-12-2005 03:21 AM
Is it worth it? Russ McKenna ASP .Net 5 12-06-2003 06:47 PM
MCSE Cert. Is it still worth it? Dominique Feteau Microsoft Certification 3 11-05-2003 08:43 PM

Advertisments