Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Trouble Burning CD/DVD

Trouble Burning CD/DVD

Gabbyguy

I am trying to burn video cd/dvd that will play on my stand alone CD/DVD
player (Symthomic WF104)
but no matter what I do, they won't play. Get the message "Playback Feature
May Not
Be On This Disk."

I'm using NERO software and the drive is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5236K.
The burn is good on the computer. Just will not play on the CD/DVD Player.
I've tried everything I can think of, including converting AVI to MPEG2
(Which the Player should play)

Both Nero and Lite-on support have been of no help. Nor has numerous Google
searches.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Wake Up Amercia

Robert Baer

Gabbyguy wrote:

> I am trying to burn video cd/dvd that will play on my stand alone CD/DVD
> player (Symthomic WF104)
> but no matter what I do, they won't play. Get the message "Playback Feature
> May Not
> Be On This Disk."
>
> I'm using NERO software and the drive is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5236K.
> The burn is good on the computer. Just will not play on the CD/DVD Player.
> I've tried everything I can think of, including converting AVI to MPEG2
> (Which the Player should play)
>
> Both Nero and Lite-on support have been of no help. Nor has numerous Google
> searches.
>
> Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>

> --------------------
> Wake Up Amercia

I have found that older CD drives cannot read "burned" disks, and the
reason is that the surface is not silver like a factory disk.
Maybe there is a similar problem with DVD players.
Take the disk to a store and try it out on a newer drive / player.

Gabbyguy

Thanx Robert,
I'll give it a try.

"Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Scb7h.7221$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Gabbyguy wrote:
>
> > I am trying to burn video cd/dvd that will play on my stand alone CD/DVD
> > player (Symthomic WF104)
> > but no matter what I do, they won't play. Get the message "Playback

Feature
> > May Not
> > Be On This Disk."
> >
> > I'm using NERO software and the drive is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5236K.
> > The burn is good on the computer. Just will not play on the CD/DVD

Player.
> > I've tried everything I can think of, including converting AVI to MPEG2
> > (Which the Player should play)
> >
> > Both Nero and Lite-on support have been of no help. Nor has numerous

Google
> > searches.
> >
> > Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >

> I have found that older CD drives cannot read "burned" disks, and the
> reason is that the surface is not silver like a factory disk.
> Maybe there is a similar problem with DVD players.
> Take the disk to a store and try it out on a newer drive / player.

Brian

Make sure you are copying the UDF file reader on the disk when burning. This
may help a standalone player see the disk. Sometimes using UDF 2.0 instead
of 1.5 can help as well for DVD. You should be able to find this option
under settings in the burner software

Gabbyguy

> Make sure you are copying the UDF file reader on the disk when burning.
This
> may help a standalone player see the disk. Sometimes using UDF 2.0 instead
> of 1.5 can help as well for DVD. You should be able to find this option
> under settings in the burner software

Thank you Brian. I can't find anything about UDF in the Nero software.
I'll try Google.

Wake Up Amercia